Where to find potbellied pigs in North Ca??

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ther00ster'scr0w, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ther00ster'scr0w

ther00ster'scr0w Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    I've been looking for young potbellied pigs for a while now and can't seem to find any!

I've heard of adopting one but I can't figure out from where!

If you know where I can get a young pbp in the bay area of north Ca, please share!

Thanks! and happy holidays!!

2. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
  3. ther00ster'scr0w

ther00ster'scr0w Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    Thanks!

I want to adopt one cuz I know there are a lot of homeless ones out there.

Do you think the regular dog shelter will possibly have any? I've heard they had goats but a what about pigs...

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    You could call the dog shelter and leave your name in case anyone calls and wants to surrender one. I'm sure it happens.

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I work with a farm animal sanctuary, Animal Place, and we're located in northern California and often get notification of pot-bellied pigs in need of rescue. Drop my co-worker Marji an e-mail, let her know you want to adopt a pot-bellied pig, and she can send you a notification the next time we hear of one! [​IMG] We have pot-bellied piggies at our sanctuary, but they're older/grumpy and don't want newcomers so we usually find homes for pot-bellies we find out about.

Marji's e-mail: [email protected]

Good luck! I hope you find a wonderful pig! Pot bellies are such great companions. [​IMG]

Also, I don't know if you've tried it already, but search petfinder.org, too!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by