where to find pvc coated chicken wire?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by J3172, Jun 18, 2010.

1. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Where are some good aka cheap, places to find this stuff?

2. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

I could only find it in small rolls of 24 inch width. Much too small a quantity at much too high a price. You could ask if your feed store or Home Depot would special order it for you in larger rolls and/or widths.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

You do know that coated chicken wire is even less sturdy than the plain stuff. Won't keep anything bigger than a gnat out.

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

for the money you'd pay for PVC coated chicken wire you should just get a roll of 2X4 livestock fencing, atleast that would keep larger predators out but wont stop them from reaching through bars and grabbing something. Here i can get a 4' tall 50' roll of 2X4 " fencing for about 30$

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

bass equipment company has some

6. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Quote:Maybe you're confusing coated wire with the stuff that's all plastic. Vinyl coated wire is just regular galvanized welded wire that has had a protective vinyl coating added to it. There's no reason that coating the wire is going to make it less strong than if it was uncoated. It's more expensive to buy the coated than the uncoated, because the coating makes the wire last longer.

I buy mine from these folks:

http://www.wadavidson.com/

7. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    First things first, I need a role of it 4' high and 150' for a peafowl pen. Second the stuff I'm taking about is black and it looks like chicken wire with melted plastic to it. Third the stuff I'm taking about is very strong, we you it for the birds of prey and swans at my work. Then livestock fencing has too big of holes that raccoons can reach through. Thanks for all the comments

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    home depot, TSC, Ace hardware, lowes

9. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've bought some at Home Depot. It's green and more attractive than the uncoated chicken wire and it doesn't get rusty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by