1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to find shows

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by vanslam, Jan 20, 2010.

1. vanslam

vanslam Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2010
    I would like to get started with some show birds but don't know where to find when and where shows are held. I am in central Alabama if that helps.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had heard through the grapevine of a possible show here in Phoenix either this month or in Feb. I have no info. Would love to get some also.

3. weirdmuse

weirdmuse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
  4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    most of the organizations that host shows have websites if you go and you find one you should find a bunch that is what i did i found a few shows at the ABA APA Youth Club Website i show junior but most junior shows have a open show at the same place and time so if you go there that is a jumping off point

5. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    If you don't mine the drive there is two shows in Cookeville, TN every where. One is the first sat in october, the second is the first saturday in April. They are alway alot of fun they are at the fairground. They have a website, but it hasn't been updated in a long time it www.fancyfeatherclub.com I hope that helps.

6. Jmurcks

Jmurcks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    North Alabama
  7. vanslam

vanslam Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2010
    I think I had heard of that one before. I am sure they have on during mule day at Gordo. Realy just want to look at some birds before I decide what to get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by