1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to find therm/hydro?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 14, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I have eggs coming tomorrow or the day after, so I had to haul the bator in from the barn. It's a big old redwood chest incubator and has the original Taylor instruments in it. I *thought* they may be funky... It's been plugged in for an hour and without water it's reading - 60 degrees F and 97% humidity... yeah something's off. [​IMG]
    So, tomorrow morning as soon as the boys are awake, I'm going to run out and buy a thermometer/hydrometer. Where should I look first? Where did you get yours and how much is it going to run me?

Thanks in advance!! [​IMG]

2. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    i got one off ebay for $6 including s/h

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got mine from Walmart, but every store (pretty much) will sell them. The second one came from ebay
    Lots of us use that silvery thermometer/hygrometer combo. Its around 11-13$ or got to the petstore in the fish/reptile section.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Umm I need it tomorrow :|

5. beckyloveschicks

beckyloveschicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    NC
    I got one at Tractor Supply. It was about $8. You can probably get one at Walmart.

6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
  7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    you could use two of those . Then you can see if there is a difference or one goes haywaire. put one one the left side and one on the right of the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by