1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Where to find therm/hydro?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 14, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I have eggs coming tomorrow or the day after, so I had to haul the bator in from the barn. It's a big old redwood chest incubator and has the original Taylor instruments in it. I *thought* they may be funky... It's been plugged in for an hour and without water it's reading - 60 degrees F and 97% humidity... yeah something's off. [​IMG]
    So, tomorrow morning as soon as the boys are awake, I'm going to run out and buy a thermometer/hydrometer. Where should I look first? Where did you get yours and how much is it going to run me?

Thanks in advance!! [​IMG]

2. i got one off ebay for $6 including s/h

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got mine from Walmart, but every store (pretty much) will sell them. The second one came from ebay
    Lots of us use that silvery thermometer/hygrometer combo. Its around 11-13$ or got to the petstore in the fish/reptile section.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Umm I need it tomorrow :|

5. beckyloveschicks

beckyloveschicks In the Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    NC
    I got one at Tractor Supply. It was about $8. You can probably get one at Walmart.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    you could use two of those . Then you can see if there is a difference or one goes haywaire. put one one the left side and one on the right of the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: