Where to get a chicken saddle?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mountainbunny, Mar 3, 2017.

1. mountainbunny

mountainbunny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    One of my 10 month old BO hens poor backside is looking pretty rough from the rooster mating her. I have no room to separate her and I'm thinking that possibly a chicken saddle would be my best option so her feathers can grow back. I've seen random mentioning on threads here but can't locate a current link for any place to buy one. Has anyone here had a good experience using a saddle and know of best place to purchase one? Thanks!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. mountainbunny

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks! Maybe I'll try making a no sew one. :)

4. mountainbunny

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    I ended up ordering one from Marion at mbldesigns.com. After doing some more searching on the forums I found multiple compliments on her work. I can't sew and I'm scared if waste more money on my trial and error results on making a no sew version. It was only $11 with shipping and has elastic straps that snap to make them easier to put on. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Maybe after seeing a well made one I will feel more comfortable making my own in the future if need be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by