where to get a chicken stuffed in the uk

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by brooky, Dec 7, 2010.

1. brooky

brooky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    Hi guys, this may be a bit wierd. There was no appropriate forum for this but I'd like to get my favorite goldline chicken "Ginger" stuffed when she dies. Does anyone know a company or individual in the UK that would do this?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    nope but when my mini dachshund died I wanted to have her stuffed, my dh just about had me committed

3. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    There are taxidermists who specialize in modeling birds (looks like they're now saying "modeled" rather than "stuffed", I guess because of the price!) Here's one price list: http://www.birdtaxidermy.co.uk/price.html

Looks
    like it's costly, but one site said that you can freeze the animal for several years before having it done, so you could save up...

4. brooky

brooky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks guys! [​IMG]

5. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Some taxidermists provide a freeze dried mount. Here in the states you can actually get chicken forms. I have never seen a freeze dried mount that didn't need some fill work. It will depend on the talent of your taxidermist. I had a rattle Snake freeze dried and it looked like it was grinning at me. I cut the rattle off and trashed the rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by