Where to get a pair of goslings?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by shaylabailey, Jun 15, 2011.

1. shaylabailey

shaylabailey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    Rhode Island
    I want to get a pair of goslings when my ducks are grown, probably Pilgrim or Toulouse. I'm not sure yet since I've never had them before.
    I was wondering were anyone had any good experience and I can order only 2 without a maximum amount to buy.
    I also would prefer somewhere closer the the New England area so they wouldn't have too far to travel.

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    It is a little late to be trying to get geese. Most have stopped laying by now. You might be able to get some juveniles...perhaps on Craigslist.

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I got my pair of white chinese through mcmurray and they are the friendliest cutest babies I own. mcmurray has other breed but most are not in season right now.

4. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    I ordered 3 toulouse from Metzers friday. They said they will hatch around the 3th of july and they will be shipped on tuesday the 5th. They usually ship on mondays but that is the 4th so they will ship on tuesday evening and I should receive them thursday morning. I wanted a female pilgrim but its to late in the season for them.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Last Thursday I received my sexed pair of Toulouse goslings from Ideal (along with 12 little "packing peanut" chicks for warmth). I am incredibly impressed with Ideal. The site had indicated they were out until Spring 2012, but there was a "notify me when available" link, which I followed to put in my wishes and information. Ideal called the very next day and said they expected a few to hatch and was I interested at this time? YOU BETCHA.

They arrived alive, safe, and really peepy. [​IMG]

6. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Still waiting on updated pics..[​IMG] or did I miss a post?

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Noop, I have to get them out of the brooder and away from their packing peanuts to take some photos of them. Tonight. I promise.

<*squeal*> They are SO CUTE!

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Noop, I have to get them out of the brooder and away from their packing peanuts to take some photos of them. Tonight. I promise.

<*squeal*> They are SO CUTE!

[​IMG] I like mine to...but now that "momma"? goose has taken over during the day...we are evil! But...the older ones are starting to get more comfortable now...they come closer to us and still continue to graze so long as we don't make a move for them.Oh...and you know that sound they make when you lean over to talk to them? Well today I was doing just that to the goslings as they were all ranging the yard...they started to respond so Momma didn't like that! She looked me right in the eye and hissed as loud and long as she could!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  9. Ceinwyn

Ceinwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Southeast Ohio
    Quote:I second on the recommendation for Metzers.
    Fantastic group of people.
    Two gosling minimum.
    Holderreads is excellent and still has a decent selection.
    Their basic package is four and last few people I've seen are getting blue and lavendar buffs.
    Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll be pleased and you know you need to come back and show us pics of your babies right?
    [​IMG]

10. shaylabailey

shaylabailey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Thank you all very much, all check out each of those places and it seems Metzers seems to be popular haha.
    I don't plan on getting them soon since we need to get some things squared away but when I do, I will definitely share pictures! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by