Where To Get A Safe Coop For My 6 Chickens?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Coturnix Quail, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Hey! I'm new to chickens!
    I'm very excited because I'm getting 11 baby chicks on the 17th of April! [​IMG] I only have a few things left to cover to be ready, but my main concern is their coop. I've already raised quail and a fox or raccoon got in. I'm just looking for a safe coop for them to enter at night that I can purchase, (or build depending on what I find). I have 4 standard sized breeds and 2 bantams. The breeds are: 1 Buff Orpingtion, 1 Blue Cochin, 1 Australorp, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Easter Egger Bantam, and 1 Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams. I have a few meat birds, too. But that will not matter only because I'm going to.. Well - Eat them.
    So basically, this is my main focus; a chicken coop with 6 nesting boxes for 6 chickens. As for the run, I believe I could build it myself - With some help of course. Price range for be would be anything from $100-375. But, if you do have some building plans that aren't too complicated, I might just build one myself. [​IMG]
    If you need anymore information in order to give me some information, just ask! Thanks!

2. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Also, what bedding do you guys think is best? I heard pine shavings can have mites sometimes that kill the chicks.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by