Where to get a wiggler?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ctcasper, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ctcasper

ctcasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Minnesota
    Where do I find a wiggler, may seem like a silly question, but I have no idea where to even look!

2. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    What's a wiggler? sorry

3. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    You wouldn't think they would be hard to find. I looked at Walmart, Dollar tree not to mention 3 other dollar stores and still could not find them. I have heard you could order them from ebay, but the shipping would not be worth it for me for a $1 toy!

4. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I have looked all over for a water wiggler also....only place i found one is ebay

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I get mine Right behind the wobbling pins. [​IMG]

6. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    You can buy one on Ebay. [​IMG]

P.s a water wiggler is used to find the internal temp. of the eggs.

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I think you can buy them on line if you can do a search for the right name. Also people mention gettin ghtem at there local doller tree , doller store, I havent seen any at mine yet but Ill keep looking. I did see one sight that had them but they were like 5 bucks plus shipping [​IMG] and I dont remmber the site.
    Good luck.

water wiggler
    water weasle

8. rays123

rays123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    as far as i know you can buy one at the dollar store or make it. mine is a egg that i broke a little whole in the top and used a needleless syringe to suck out the egg. then i filled it with aloe gel and put my temp sensor in. then i seeled the top with hot glue and there ya go. i hope i helped

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  9. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    If you will search for water wiggler on the forum search box, you can get more info. It's a water filled cheap toy that you can stick a probe in to get an idea what the temp inside an incubating egg is likley to be.

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I had a really hard time finding mine, I was just looking in the wrong places, my DW suggested one of the gazillion dollar stores. I found them at the first one I went to, In many sizes & colors to boot. I would not think of paying more than a dollar for them.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by