Where to get Call ducks ???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Egg catcher, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Egg catcher

Egg catcher New Egg

Nov 20, 2015
    I recently learned about the breed "call duck" and would love to raise a few around the property. For those that don't know what they are as I didn't up until recently, they are basically a miniature type of duck. They come in many different colors but they resemble a mallard just with much smaller features. So my question is: I would like to purchase some for next spring but I'm lost as far as where to purchase them. I'm located in CA, I would like ducklings if possible. Any information is appreciated.

2. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

I would personally get do from a local breeder, check your farmers bulletin they usually have call ducks under waterfowl

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Although i am in a different country, i found mine through a large swap held twice yearly. They have a short laying period and are known for hatching problems.

I have bred mine over the years so i am sharing these thoughts from experience. Asking around your closest feed mill too, even posting a wanted Ad.

Good luck! they are fun, cute guys albeit quite loud lol.

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I have calls if you are interested. I do not ship ducklings due to their small size but do ship juvies and adults.
    Feel free to message me to discuss!

5. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    do you have any call duck eggs? I doing the new years day hatch a long. 1/2 doz would be fine

6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    They are seasonal layers so I usually only have eggs for sale in late spring/ early summer

7. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    ok thank u I will send a email in the summer

8. ViolinPlayer123

ViolinPlayer123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by