1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to get chicken/poultry meds?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zyklonbetty, Oct 19, 2011.

1. zyklonbetty

zyklonbetty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis
    Hi, before I go anywhere and look like an idiot, I'd like to ask this first. If my birds ever end up sick (need antibiotics, etc.) where do I get that?
    Do i really have to go to the vet and have her tell me to bring my chickens in, or is there a place I can get meds for poultry without the huge vet bill?
    thanks!

2. Davian

Davian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Vermont, USA
    Feed store or Tractor Supply usually have the basics...internet for many others.

Some things you do need to go to the Vet for though...and they usually require seeing the animal.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You can order just about everything you'd need from Jefferslivestock.com or call them. They ship quick also.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Foyspigeonsupplies.com also sells many poultry meds. They too are a family run business and excellent to work with.

5. zyklonbetty

zyklonbetty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis
    Thanks! I just have a few birds i recently got from Louisiana (and i am in St. Louis) and they are a little sniffly/snorty. No discharge or anything, I wasn't sure if it was something I could chalk up to the temperature difference or not. They are on a holistic wormer/vitamin regimen, but I fear at some point I may need to introduce antibiotics. At this point i am just hoping its the weather difference.
    Any thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by