Where to get day-old Campbell ducklings near the Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by anniehialtion, Feb 21, 2014.

1. anniehialtion

anniehialtion New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    I am looking to buy some day-old Campbell ducklings (eggs would be OK too).

Does anyone know a place to get them near the Bay Area or Sonoma?

2. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    I dont know of places near there where you can get campbells, but I do know you can order them from metzer farms and they will arrive when they are a day or two old. You can also order as little as two ducklings or do you not want to have them shipped?

3. anniehialtion

anniehialtion New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    I just ordered 3 Golden 300 Hybrid ducklings from Metzer Farms for pickup!! Their website said the Hybrids are better egg layers and more friendly.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, Finny!!

4. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    Golden 300 Hybrids are beautiful! I would love to see pics when you get them :)

5. GentFarmer

GentFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

I was just down there today. I picked up 10 Welsh Harlequins. All are settling in nicely. Be aware that just South of Gilroy, there's a substantial traffic back-up due to some road construction. There's no way around it. Just hang tight for 15 minutes, and you'll get through it. Also, when you get off of 101, you take a left on Grant, which is closed right there. You have to loop around through the adjacent parking lot. Other than that, it's pretty easy.

When you get there for pick up, go to the office, which is actually on the back of the main house as you come in the driveway. I made the mistake of parking where it says "visitor parking," and ringing the bell on that door for service. Turns out, I was supposed to go to the office. They have everything ready there.

If there was a drawback, it was that it was all very fast and business-like. It IS a business, but I was hoping to at least get a tour or look around. They'd already picked out the ducks for me, and they are ready when I got there. I was surprised that they were in a paper shopping bag. I was expecting a box. Not a big deal at all, but just letting you know what to expect.

Enjoy the drive down!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by