1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to get emu feathers?

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by ChickenAlgebra, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    DD14 needs emu feathers for decoration of something she's doing. Got me on exactly what. Where is a good place to buy some? Etsy, ebay?

She needs a lot apparently. I have no idea. I think I'd like to keep it that way.

2. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Maybe you could post in the want to buy section on here??

3. foulman007

foulman007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Have tons pm me an address and I will send all you want

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:How nice!

5. ChickenAlgebra

Mar 14, 2011
    Thank you very much foulman! DD pounced on the box and locked herself in her room to sort out the ones she needed. The cats however were trying to beat down her door to get the lovely birdie. They got some of the feathers she wasn't going to use and they were having a grand time hunting birdie this morning when I left for work.

6. foulman007

foulman007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    You are very welcome I just hope their condition is not too bad. They have been stored on a carport for a while and are certain to be full of pollen and dust.
    Please post a picture of her project when she is done.

7. ChickenAlgebra

Mar 14, 2011
    Quote:Once it's done, it will be shared! As for condition, if that's what you call bad, then I do not know what the heck it is she got in the store. Those were GROSS. These are not.

8. SeramaChick

SeramaChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    L.A.
    I really could use some emu feathers, I posed on the "wanted" section, but haven't found any replies. [​IMG]

9. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:Once it's done, it will be shared! As for condition, if that's what you call bad, then I do not know what the heck it is she got in the store. Those were GROSS. These are not.

any update on this thread?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by