where to get hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dekel18042, Dec 25, 2013.

1. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    My DH just got me an incubater for Christmas (Boy, he sure doesn't know what he is getting himself into.) and I'm like a kid in a candy shop....I want one of those and one of them......My goal is a colorful basket of eggs and there are several less common breeds I'd like to try.
    Now, where to buy eggs? I've seen hatcheries advertising hatching eggs and auctions on e-bay. I did find some auctions on BYC that looked great....until I lookd at the date, most of the auctions were several years old.
    Where can current auctions or hatching eggs be found?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Go to the "Buy Sell Trade" forum click on chicken eggs and sort by 'newest listings.' - upper left hand corner

Also you could go to the "Social" forum click on 'Where am I? Where are you!', locate your state thread and communicate with your 'neighbors'.

3. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    What sourland said. [​IMG]

Plus, you can get eggs from reputable buyers on ebay as well. Just be sure to do your homework first. Check seller ratings and look specifically for ones given for shipping eggs. If you find feedback of poor fertility, poor packing and poor customer service, then think twice (at least) before buying from them.

Good luck with your hatching!

4. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks, and I did find the BYC auctions. I want to try a few of my own eggs first to make sure I can operate the incubator then I have a few breeds that really interest me.

5. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    I like to get my eggs off Ebay. There are quite a few sellers with steller reputations.I get my silkie eggs there often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by