1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

where to get peachicks/eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenlittle32, Sep 13, 2009.

1. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Is it possible to get peachicks or eggs right now? If so, where? Thanks!

2. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
  3. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Thanks Deerman...I tried emailing the ones listed...hope to hear something soon...the first one listed...their website isn't working...so IDK. Wish me luck...I wanted to know...India Blue is a certain breed?

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Thanks for posting that sight...i cant believe i have someone with peacock, a lot of kinds too, in norwalk ohio!...like 10 minutes from me! I'm so excited!!!

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Mary, check the Texas breeders, Doug or Sid both are great guy to deal with, and both have many type and colors, check their web site.

6. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    India Blue is a species. It's the common species(and color) "everybody knows". Blue neck, green tail on the males.

Really, it should be "Indian peafowl" for species name.. the "Blue" part is just to describe what "color" it is.. so everybody will know what you are talking about.

The other species available are the Green species(and subspecies). They are very different looking plus have a different personality than Indian peafowl.

Spalding are a mix of Indian and Green peafowls. Highly variable, no two look exactly the same.. These basically are for people who can't afford or can't have pure Greens due to too cold winters.. or people who might like the Green look but in different colors such as white spalding, etc.

7. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Ty Kev for the explanation. Helps me out alot.

8. thedeacon

thedeacon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I just sold 3 yesterday.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I've got a bunch, but I'm in Florida.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by