Where to get the best eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by GBov, Jul 26, 2010.

1. GBov

GBov Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    For my next hatch I was wanting to do some fancy colors of Jumbo Coturnix quail. Where is the best place to get the best eggs for the best price? [​IMG]

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I was wondering the same thing!

Esp. Silver, cinnamon

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    JJMR794 says he has all colors of jumbo coturnix...I haven't hatched any from him yet [​IMG]

I have several different colors of coturnix, but only about half the birds (golden and brown) are jumbos, and they are all in the same pen right now. I have some cinnamon, but no silvers.

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I don't know if this is at all what you are looking for, or how this vendor's prices compare to average, but I ordered my batch of eggs from her:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Assorted-Cot...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23084e86d0

I chose this vendor because she seemed to be offering the biggest variety of colors in the mix.

She mailed them out the next day, and they were extremely well packaged. I intentionally haven't touched them once I put them in the incubator, other than candling a few last weekend. At that point, 5 of 5 I candled were alive and developing. Lockdown is wednesday.

5. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    Quote:They look lovely Dennin, thanks heaps! Keep us posted on how well they hatch please?

Oh, and on hte website there was a picture of my mystery quail who turns out to be a Tibetan Chocolate instead of a Rosetta Tuxedo. Learn something new every day, I do [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:They look lovely Dennin, thanks heaps! Keep us posted on how well they hatch please?

Oh, and on hte website there was a picture of my mystery quail who turns out to be a Tibetan Chocolate instead of a Rosetta Tuxedo. Learn something new every day, I do [​IMG]

She is quailladyfromftmyers on here, a new member [​IMG]

And there is no thing as tibetan chocolate; there is dark tibetan, rosetta tibetan, red tibetan, and golden range. There's another thread where I posted pics of each, some birds that I still have and some that I've had in the past.

7. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    Quote:Well BLAST! Tibetian chocolate sounds so lovely. So its a dark tibetan than? Well, we shall jsut name it Chocolate then [​IMG]

Its the reason for my wanting some other colors as it stands out from the croud so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by