Where to look for cheap vinyl flooring for coop?

NorseDad

Chirping
Dec 3, 2021
West Central Florida
Anyone have advice for where to go for cheap vinyl to cover my coop floor with? My coop was made by someone else and I love it except for the hardware cloth flooring in the hen house. It's a real pain to clean and I'd like to cover it. I didn't know if there was a place to get samples or something. Been keeping an eye on Facebook marketplace and craigslist. My henhouse is 4'x4', so I don't need a ton.

I got mine from ReStore. Flooring companies and hardware stores also often have some off-cuts in smaller sizes at discounted rates — Ritchie's, Home Depot, Kent, etc.

When we built a wooden platform to extend the floor space of our prefab doll house coop, since we used treated plywood, we had to cover the floor with something. The material at hand at the time was a stack of old local BOE campaign lawn sign board. They worked out well for me, chickens didn't mind, free, recycled!

The Habitat ReStore was just what I was going to suggest.
I agree but check prices in other places first; quite often The Restore things are priced more than full retail price of it brand new. I don't think it is intentional so much as the volunteers doing the pricing not knowing how much the things cost.

It may be worth paying the same or more at The Restore to support the cause or to help keep things out of landfills.

Back
Top Bottom