Where to place the incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TK Poultry, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Where are some good places to place an incubator?

2. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Mine's right beside me on the floor of the study. The study is the only room to not have fluctuating temperatures (pc is always on, so it doesn't get cold in the afternoon, no direct afternoon sunlight so not too hot like the rooms at the from of the house). The floor seems the most stable place to put it and is also where I have the most room as the study is teeny and the desk cluttered! It's out of the way from passage and close to hand for turning the eggs :) Perfect!

3. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    I place mine in my basement for several reasons. Stable temperature and higher humidity are the main ones. I had as good of hatch rates (about 90%) with my old still air incubator as my newer modern do everything incubator. Also the noise from the fan from the newer incubator is not heard throughout the rest to the house.

4. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    The sound drives my OH mad, so I just shut all the doors at night.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would put the incubator in whatever room is most stable in temp and humidity. Depends a lot on what part of the country you live in and the climate so what works for someone else may not work well for you. Some people also put their incubators in closets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by