Where to purchase Mille Fluers?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cheery Cluck, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Cheery Cluck

Cheery Cluck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Santa Fe County
    I really, want a very small flock of certain breeds of bantams but I can't find a place that sells them by specific breed in the quantity I am able to raise. Right now I only have room for about 8 chickens. I've tried websites but some of them have a specific minimum that is over how many I can have. The local feed stores have chicks where the breeds are all mixed up. Any suggestions of where to get some Mille Fluers?

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Mille Fleur is a color not a breed...are you talking about D'Uccles?

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    If you only want a small number, either find someone in your area to split a hatchery mail-order with; or order more (or something else besides) and hope to be able to resell them via feed store flyers and craigslist; or find a person in your region who breeds them. There are SO many people on BYC, unless you live in the total middle of nowhere it is likely there probably IS someone findable via this forum who is within an hour or two drive of you [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

4. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Try doing a google search in your area for poultry groups or Mille Fleur breeders. There is also a Yahoo group devoted to the breed:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/BelgianBantams/

You could join and ask the people there for leads. Good luck!

We have one half D'Uccle hen and we love her...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by