where to put the food and water

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rcookiegirl, Mar 24, 2017.

1. rcookiegirl

rcookiegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

Would like recommendations on where best to keep my food and water, as well opinions on the best feeder to get! This is the coop I purchased

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. KingOfTheCoop02

KingOfTheCoop02 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2017
    Ireland
    Not under the perch since they will get pooped on, and away from the nests since they tend to stand around the feeders and those laying eggs like their privacy!

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Well, there's not room in the actual coop...so out in the run.
    Knowing your climate/location can really help us help you.

4. rcookiegirl

rcookiegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2017
    We are outside of St Louis, Missouri

5. ScottandSam

ScottandSam I'm still here. Premium Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Shell Knob, Missouri
    Good old Misery. Used to live in O'Fallon and St.Charles In my other life. I don't miss it one bit. Well Other than Lions choice.

If it goes outside it will need heated when your weather gets below freezing. We have ours in the house close to nesting boxes now but just built a addition so its getting move to in front of roost about 10' feet away close to a door. I am currently working on plans to build a min version of a popular coop and that will be 4wx 6.5'L. I will more than likely put food and water below the elevated coop.

Scott

6. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  7. ScottandSam

ScottandSam I'm still here. Premium Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Shell Knob, Missouri
    I have my son working on some plans for a good coop for 6 birds. That ones elevated too. I will use a feeder like shown above moved from under the coop to inside in a scratch area and I'm still thinking on the water maybe a bucket that feeds to cups located 1 inside coop and 2-3 under the coop.

Scott

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by