Where we got our shed---KS

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bonkers, May 17, 2009.

1. bonkers

bonkers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Hiawatha, Kansas
    We recently purchased two Lofted Garden Sheds. One for our home and one for our farm. Here's website
    http://rockyacrebuildings.com

The buildings are built by Mennonites. Shows the family on the website. Anyway---these buildings are super nice and are built solid. Very good workmanship quality. AND if you cannot afford to buy one right out---they rent to own!!!! Small monthly payments!!!!! Is that cool or what?????

My husband and I built our own home and he worked construction for several years before becoming a GM Certified mechanic. Two years ago we were in a very bad car wreck and hubby can no longer work. But when we purchased our sheds---he was very impressed with the workmanship!!!

I am now in the process of ordering a smaller shed for chickens! I am getting some Buckeyes from buckeyedave in June or perhaps late June.

We would have built our own but we are not able too. Sooooo here is the next best thing........... Rocky Acre Buildings built near Salina, Kansas and they do deliver and set the building for you!

2. greenguys

greenguys Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    we have the lofted barn style, also built by Mennonites here in TN. There are two 8 ft. lofts on either side. But, we had a regular door placed in the center on the side and a single window on each of the other 3 sides.

We use it as the soapmaking barn. Drywalled the walls. It's still at our old house but getting ready to have it moved here to our new house.

going to do a little remodeling on it. Make one end for the soap business and turn the other end into an art studio.....a place for my painting. Our large barn here at the house has its own electricity and that's where we're making soap right now. When the old barn comes here, we're remodeling the large building to be Roy's photography studio.

they're good buildings.

Greg

3. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Those look really nice. Show us some pics when you get them.

4. valmom

valmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    Vermont
    We got ours from here-
    http://www.jamaicacottageshop.com/

They are pretty local to us, and, even though there aren't any hen houses on their website, they are "chicken people" (they have a huge coop right on the business property where they build the sheds), and they were more than happy to modify whatever shed we liked into a hen house, and understood what needed to be done.

They also ship put it together yourself kits for people too far away to deliver the whole shed to.

(there are pictures of it on my BYC webpage- miracle that I got it to actually work!)

Last edited: May 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by