Where/who could help with slaughtering in Dallas TX?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by AmyLM, Feb 6, 2012.

1. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    I don't have birds ready but my husband wants me to plan ahead. We don't eat much meat (occasionally chicken, but that's it) He REALLY wants us to raise meat birds in addition to our egg layers. His friends are also on our case wanting both chicken and quail from us. However, me being the animal lover... I just don't think I can do it myself. Not yet anyhow! So does anyone know of someone in Wylie TX area (north west of Dallas) that can do it? And how much does that run? Is there a min number of birds to do at once?

Thanks!

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

If I lived closer I could give you a hand with it.. but that's over 2 hours drive for me!

I know there has to be someone else up in your neck of the woods..

3. Sundown_Farmer

Sundown_Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Non-Chicago, Illinois
    I'm too far to help but just for sake of discussion, how many birds are you thinking? 50 birds should be 2 hours of work with minimal equipment.

4. Smiles-N-Sunshine

Smiles-N-Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2008
    Palominas, Arizona
  5. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    actually I found a place here in wylie who will do it for $2.50 each bird and they have no min. My husband wants me to raise them up so that his friends can have fresh birds. I just hope that they dont start crowing. i dont want to annoy people.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by