where will you be Dec of 2012?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gypsyfarm123, Sep 24, 2011.

1. gypsyfarm123

gypsyfarm123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    I consider myself a normal person. (Ok,that was a lie..I'm a weirdo) But I watched a show (and many others about this Myan calender and the end of the world and what not and never gave it much thought..but after watching this show last night called "Brad Meltzer's Decoded" Ā«on the History channelĀ« it got me thinking...How many people belive in this? I must say, it was very compelling. It got me thinking..could there be more to this than we REALLY know? HOW many byc's belive in this sort of thing happening? And don't hold back,you can call me nuts or whatever. I can take it:) lol. PM me if you don't want to 'out yourself as a nut case;)

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

the mayans just didnt continue their calander, and the government would blow it up with a bomb into many pieces. But ill probably be at chickencrazy69's house partying to the end of the world [​IMG]

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    at my house laughing

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I find a lot of those shows set the logic up with a statement similar to, "If a Yeti were living in your attic, would that explain some of the noises you hear when the wind is blowing?" I try to not take things that are based on that type of logic too seriously.

Where will I be? Probably visiting my mother and some family members on our traditional pre-Christmas visit. Thanksgiving is set aside for my wife's parents (funny how the wife controls the calendar on things like that) and Christmas is set aside for our kids and the grandkid. In other words, life as normal.

5. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I am putting all my gold in an envelope and sending it to those nice folks on TV that will pay me what it is worth. I give end of world schemes no considerations what so ever... except the big one. Kaboom! which will most likely kill me anyhow.

6. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I'll be doing what I do every day. This isn't the end of the world, and if it was it doesn't matter to me. When God takes me he takes me, doesn't matter when. [​IMG]

7. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    As I said on the previous thread with this title...

I will soon be starting my new store: Hopeless Headlines Haberdashery. We will specialize in stylish tinfoil hats and related accessories. I fully expect that by the time Dec. 2012 rolls around, I will have made enough money to retire to Fiji. Especially with 2012 being an election year. [​IMG]

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Just hanging around, but what worries me and perplexes me as well is people who will go absolutely crazy and sell their worldly goods and do this and do that and then nothing happens, OR if it does, what good did it do to go to all that trouble.

Will be interesting to see, but I think whatever does happen, we won't know it. It will be over SWOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH. Or at least let's hope. The idea of hanging by my fingertips on the edge of a split in the earth is not appealing at all. [​IMG]

I DO think we still need to stockpile and get a few things put away just because of the economy.

10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Smiling in amusement at the panic. [​IMG] Maybe get together with some buddies, stay up until midnight, and have a barbecue to celebrate the not-end-of-the-world.

@Mom's Folly - That's actually not a bad idea. [​IMG]

That said, I'm hoping to have a fairly large stock of bullets and canned food by then... just in case. Whispering Winds has a point.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by