1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where will you be shopping?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duck&chickencrazy, Nov 23, 2011.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    So everyone I work with was talking about going to all these fancy clothing stores and shopping malls on Friday morning and then they ask me where I'm going and I say I'm only going to a few very important stores which are Big R, TSC, Kerlins (A horse tack shop), and Lowes!!! They all looked at me like I was crazy. One lady even asked me what would I even want to get at Lowes on Black Friday lol O and then I also mention that I'm going to the Black Friday horse auction in Shipshewana (sp?)...again the crazy looks...lol not sure why tho [​IMG]

So I'm wondering where is everybody else going to go shopping at? What are the things you REALLY want to get?

2. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I'm pretty much done shopping, just a few things left. I'm not a "Black Friday" shopper, but I will be heading to Home Depot on Friday for supplies, just happens to be coincidence. Hopefully it is not too crazy there. I do most of my shopping at Walmart, Kmart and Target. I have to make my measly dollars stretch, so those places usually have stuff I can afford. Oh, and my daughter has pets of her own (ferret and rats) so I do spend some money at Petsmart. All I really want are gift cards to Home Depot and my local feed store. Helps me out when funds are low. I have a hard time asking for things that aren't practical, when ourmoney is so tight.

3. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    I have a list of retail places which REFUSE to put the word Christmas in any of their media blitzes, or on any of their signages, so I won't be shopping those places. I have a list of stores (both updated last Monday) of those which DO use the word Christmas, and don't smack employees on the wrists when they respond with "Merry Christmas" after shoppers say it.

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I don't shop on "Black Friday" - as a matter of fact, I stay away from stores as much as possible between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do 90% (at least) of my non-food shopping online - it's faster, easier, and usually much cheaper.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Costco. Because we found the ride on toys we want to get for the two older grand babies. For half the price. Unfortunately it must be done, after giving Ken a Xanax that is.

6. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    We're all splitting up between Penny's and Game Stop at midnight. Then we're going back to bed until 6am when I open my table at the Farmer's market after which it's back to bed for a while. Hopefully a low-stress Black Friday. Consequentially we usually shop at flea markets and antique stores on Black Friday so we avoid the crowd. Only ever go to retail places for one or two items at a time.

CYG

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I will be doing most of my shopping at local businesses as much as possible and online at Etsy or here to support hand-crafters.

8. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I will not be shopping. I hate shopping. The only thing I hate more than shopping is doing it with 20,000 of my closest friends. Ugh.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:We are doing our best to do this as well. The Costco thing, well Ken is SET on this gift for the boys. I am hoping for a Kindle Fire this year. Got the Kindle last year and I haven't put it down yet!!!

10. Vanderfelt

Vanderfelt Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2009
    Cromwell -ish, Indiana.
    Um, all the same places as you ducks! Hope we aren't going for the same items! Lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by