Where Would I Find White Australorp (not Austra-White)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PluckyClucker99, Aug 21, 2014.

1. PluckyClucker99

PluckyClucker99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I'm interested in some White Australorps (not to be with the Austra Whites) but can't seem to find any in the US. Are poultry hatching egg exports from Australia allowed right now? I'd really like to find some, so does anyone know of a breeder on here who has them? I could redevelop it in the US, but I know next to nothing about poultry genetics.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  3. PluckyClucker99

PluckyClucker99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the link!

I read on another thread that there were some in the UK... Anyone know anything about that?

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I have been raising chickens for 50 years (Australorps for the past 35 years) and in all that time I have never seen a White Australorp for sale or otherwise. The closest you might come to them would be White Orpingtons (Australorps were originally bred from Orpington stock). Murray McMurray hatchery sells White Orpingtons (http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/white_orpingtons.html). Good luck in getting your White Australorps.

5. MrsBrooke

MrsBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Magnolia, Texas
    I've seen where people have had some success breeding White Orps with BAs to eventually get the color desired. It seems to go from Blue to Splash before turning white. Behold my theoretical knowledge of chicken genetics! "Oooh, ahhhh!"

Again, only rumors, but it might be fun to try! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by