Where would I go for a used inubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChookHappy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Hey everyone how are things? [​IMG] So I am in the early stages of research of incubation and extending my sickness to hopefully effect many others nearby and was wondering exactly what the title suggests. Where do most of you go? I do live in once was a huge poultry capitol so I was thinking maybe asking on craigslist but these days the ol craigslist ad is pretty commonplace but I was curious if there is anywhere I am totally missing. Do you think they would have them at garage sales or something? Or should I ditch the whole idea and get something new? I kinda doubt I'd make a decent one. I pulled off a coop to some extent but I don't want to press my luck. Unless it really wasn't too tough at all but none the less I'm curious. Thanks everyone!

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm kind of in the same train of thought as you. I have been thinking it over for better than a year now. I have a friend who has a huge cabinet incubator and offers to hatch any and all the eggs I would want. But I just think it would be neat to do it myself.
    My fear in buying a used one is: 1. How clean is it? 2. Does it hold the temperature right?
    And I always wonder why some one wants to get rid of their bator!
    Just some things you have to consider when buying. And I say pay the money for a good one so you don't have any disappointment from the get go. It will probably last longer too. JMO [​IMG]

3. ChookHappy

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Hehe yea a bunch of great points and thank you very much. I think when we get something we will go with a new one, I'm looking at the Brinsea's. They seem nice.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would think that most bators are sold ether because of lack of knowledge about how to get good hatches out of them or they are no longer hatching. That being said, you dont know what you are getting.

Craigelist, auctions, yard sales an flea markets.

5. ChookHappy

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Hey I was looking at the Brinsea Mini Advance fully digital 7 egg incubator. Anyone with experience with this particular bator?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by