1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Where'd you get your chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SwanLake92, Apr 22, 2011.

1. SwanLake92

SwanLake92 Hatching

Apr 15, 2011
    I am new to fowl owning, and would absolutuly LOVE to own a small flock of Easter Egger hens. However, I have not been able to find them.. Just wondering where you all got your chicks weather they are EE's or not.. But esspicially EE's

2. Caliphe

Caliphe Chirping

Apr 7, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I got all four breeds of my chicks from Coastal Farm and Ranch, but after being a part of BYC, I wish I had gone through a local breeder. The birds are better quality and you're pretty much guaranteed what you're getting.

3. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Songster

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    I got my eggs to hatch from some homeschool friends and some of those eggs were from an EE hen, but I don't think they hatched because I don't think I have any EE's.??

4. BrahmaBrock

BrahmaBrock In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I got some of mine from TSC and the rest came from McMurrays. The McMurrays were really healthey when they arrived and I've only lost 1 in 3 weeks out of 29.

5. SwanLake92

SwanLake92 Hatching

Apr 15, 2011
    what is TSC? I've heard the name Mc Murrays a few times on here... I will most deffinately check them out.. we're looking to get about 30 chickes, some ducks and guineas...

6. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    I have ordered twice from MyPetChicken.com they ship smaller orders than most places if you are wanting fewer than 25 chicks [​IMG]

You can see my first order in my BYC page, I haven't gotten around to posting pics of the mew ladies yet.

and TSC is Tractor Supply Company [​IMG]

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    From a local farm store. They sell chicks all spring and summer long. A new shipment each week.

8. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i got my ee eggs from a friend and some online. so far they are awesome. gotta love those puffy faces [​IMG]

9. alcap

alcap Chirping

Feb 19, 2011
    Just got an order from Mcmurray on Sunday. All chicks healthy and some beautiful EE'S [​IMG]

10. alcap

alcap Chirping

Feb 19, 2011
    Also check out my pics of my EE I posted a couple hours ago asking for ID help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by