Where's a camera when you need one!?

Mikanik

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
We had bath-time fun with the two ducklings and Happy, our embden gosling. Our Rouen, Pickles, is an amazing diver and constantly scours the bottom of the tub for any goodies. Well, tonight, Happy seemed so enthralled in Pickles' activities that SHE started diving! I've never seen a gosling or a goose do that! She went under and swam all around the bottom of the tub about 3 or 4 times. Anyone else ever have their little ones do this? I thought it was the funniest thing ever! LOL I personally love owner stories of their feather-babies....so I just thought I'd share one of mine. I definitely needed the video cam right then..missed opportunity.
sad.png
I'll remember next time!

It's awesome to watch that, isn't it! My goose did it for as long as she was little enough, still waiting for the baby to try it.

One of the funnest things to do is try and get your goose to dive in the pool! A lot of the time when I dive underwater she wants to too, it helps to have goggles so you can see the awesomeness/not accidentally bump into your goose. It also helps to have your own pool, or swim with somebody who doesn't mind poop in their water...
Now I want it to be summer again.
tongue.png

Last edited:
My Embden gosling also dives. He never liked the bath tub so we didn't enforce it. We started to walk him down into the meadow with a stream and pond. He dives like crazy there. Is is also extremely fast doing it. He just turned 3 weeks old on Friday. It's amazing to see how large he is and the white feathers start to come in. Did I mention he has monster feet?

@Newgoosegirl - How fun! I had no idea that a gosling would do that! I thought she was just imitating her "sister" Rouen. LOL Now I want to get, not only a pond, but also a swimming pool. I can only imagine how much fun she'd have swimming with daddy!
wink.png

@DuckABC's - 3 weeks old and getting feathers?? Wow! But I guess that's about when our Cayuga barely started getting her feathers...she's in that rough stage right now. Happy, our gosling, is just over a week and still a ball of yellow/gray fluff, but a little fatty for sure. She's grown so much since we got her...and that was just last Monday! I wish we had a pond nearby to take them to. There used to be an entirely fenced in pond where I grew up and we'd often sneak in there and watch all the ducks and geese and other animals that found refuge there. If they hadn't drained it to build a suburb (grrrr!) I'd love to take them there.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom