Where's an Active Legbar Thread?

We have a couple on here. I will try to get them. We are not as active as we could be..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cream-legbars.509483/

Been a couple weeks on that one...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cream-legbar-working-group-standard-of-perfection.713115/

Been a few weeks on this one, too..BTW the last poster is the President of the Cream Legbar club.

I found one other in my history but it has only 2 posts in last couple years and It uses the term "white sport" for a white legbar which I object too.........

Good luck. if you want legbar info or to find the cream legbar club feel free to PM me..

Take care .

The Legbar Thread was the original started back in 2011 when Green Fire Farm First introduced the Breed to the USA. About a year later a new fancier started Cream Legbars to emphasize The Cream variety as opposed to discussion of white sports, gold legbars, and rose combed legbars. There also was a Cream Legbar Photos thread started to emphasize images of the breed. At the end of 2012 Green Fire Farm offered to donate $500 to the establishment of the Cream Legbar club and the Cream Legbar Working Group thread was started to discuss the Breed Standard and complete a working copy of the proposed Cream Legbar Standard. There was a Cream Legbar Genetic Page that was started after the Proposed Standard was complete in an effort to keep the discussion of how to breed to the Legbar standard and more importantly how to get to true breeding flock of Legbars. A Sport White Legbar thread and Golden Crele Legbar Thread was started (that on is closed now) was started. At its height there was over 100 posts a day being posted on The Legbar Thread. It has all but dried up know. The Facebook Groups seem to be where everyone has moved to. The Legbar Thread and the Cream Legbars are the two places that are still active. They only get a few people that post on them now. If you post questions on either of those threads I will join in the discussion and share all the information that I can on the breed. The decline in the discussion I feel is do to fewer people asking question on how to breed Legbars and improve their flock. Most post are photos of people's 4 week old chicks. They are excited to start with the new breed and post their photos but that is about as far as it goes. There are not as many discoveries or research being posted as there was 6 years ago when no one knew anything about breeding these birds. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom