Wheres the Tylan 50?

Tylan 50 = 50 mg/ml of tylosin.
Tylan 200 = 200 mg/ml of tylosin.

It's the same thing but Tylan 200 is 4 times stronger.
If you know the Tylan 50 dose and want to use Tylan 200, then divide the Tylan 50 dose by 4 to use Tylan 200.

Oops. Looks like Eggcessive already answered that.
That's okay, the more people that say it the better the chance of people believing the advice.

Tylan 50 = 50 mg/ml of tylosin.
Tylan 200 = 200 mg/ml of tylosin.

It's the same thing but Tylan 200 is 4 times stronger.
If you know the Tylan 50 dose and want to use Tylan 200, then divide the Tylan 50 dose by 4 to use Tylan 200.

Oops. Looks like Eggcessive already answered that.

Last edited:
I understand the 200 is more concentrated. I don't know the dosage amount for the size of each bird.
On another posting the suggested amount was.5cc for a small chicken and 1cc for a full grown large hen.
What I have not found is if anyone has used this on ducks.
Ignore any post that does not give a dose based on weight, or any post that says to give it once a day be because they are wrong.

Both Tylan 50 and Tylan 200 can be given to ducks.

Read a post recently that someone used the 200 as the T-50 dose (which is 1/2 ml per dose in full size chickens and they passed away after several doses. The T- 200 can be diluted to strength of 50, but not sure if it is an oil or water base. Otherwise, you can dose 25% of 0.5 ml = 0.125 ml per day for 5 days.
The Tylan 200 dose is 0.05 ml per pound of body bodyweight 3-4 times a day.
The Tylan 50 dose is 0.2 ml per pound of bodyweight 3-4 times a day.

Is that for injecting doses?
I did not inject my birds, and as I stated I used. .5cc for all of them once a day for five days. They all got better and there has been no return for the symptoms.
I know this will be all after the fact, but it could be useful in the future and for other people who need it.
Orally or injection, but injection can cause injection site necrosis, so my preference would be to give it orally. I am very happy that your birds got better with such a small once a day dose, but if you give it again, be sure to give more and give it more frequently.

This 0.5 ml per bird dose is just one of the many dosing misinformations that several of us are trying to correct. :th

Orally or injection, but injection can cause injection site necrosis, so my preference would be to give it orally. I am very happy that your birds got better with such a small once a day dose, but if you give it again, be sure to give more and give it more frequently.

This 0.5 ml per bird dose is just one of the many dosing misinformations that several of us are trying to correct. :th
I appreciate your efforts to correct misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom