Where's Waldo? or Wilma? BLRW chick gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MissD'uccle, May 25, 2010.

1. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Here is a group shot of most of my birds. They are nine weeks old. Will update with individuals if need be [​IMG] Just looking for gender. I know they're BLRW, SLW, Frizzle EEs and Ameraucanas. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Kind of hard to tell from the distance but to me, they are looking like all pullets with the only suspicious one being the darkest blue BLRW in the front left of the first photo.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I think the BLRW on the lower left is a roo and maybe the BLRW in the upper right. I think your black frizzle is a roo (in the last shot) and the one laying in front of the frizzle in the last shot is a roo too.

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    That one in the lower left of the first picture has a wrong comb. It's single combed. And at 9 weeks, judging from the color of it, I'd say hen.

5. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Yes the darker BLRW (well thats what the eggs they hatched from said anyways [​IMG] ) has a single comb. The rest have pea. The really dark BLRW in the third photo is the one I was really thinking roo (and the Frizzle). Thanks ya'll!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by