1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

which are the less noisy ?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by kenazzo2000, Mar 7, 2013.

1. kenazzo2000

kenazzo2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    malta [europe]
    hi i need to know which is the most quiet quail ? because my backyard is surrounded by people so i try to get the quiest i can thx

2. kenazzo2000

kenazzo2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    malta [europe]
    forgot to tell you ive got jap quails not that noisy until they decide to start calling at 3am in the morning i have got chinese quail they do the same as the japs . ive got bobwhite s now ive never ever hear d them are they quiter ? thx

3. robopetz

robopetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2012
    Hawaii
    Buttons! They are quiet and when they do call, it's cute like a soft whistle.

4. gorabbitgo

gorabbitgo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Buttons can be VERY loud when they decide to be. My boyfriend heard my little roo calling from the sidewalk in front of our house, and my quail are indoors at the very back of our building!
    It's not an obnoxious sound, though, and they don't call too often. It's usually just once or twice in the morning and then after the girls lay their eggs. Most people would just assume it was the call of a local songbird. I think it sounds like a long giggle: "Eeeehhhhhh Hee Hee!"

5. robopetz

robopetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2012
    Hawaii
    Lol. Yes, it's very cute n nice to hear but I've never heard mines get very loud.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by