Which automatic door?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Azriel, May 5, 2011.

1. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    Construction starts on the new coop next week, I want automatic doors, which is the best that will keep out coons?

2. colonel sander

colonel sander Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Search it out there are about 40 posts about auto doors on here. There is the pullet shut, the DIY ones that just suppy a motor and pulley. Also the spendy one from Europe that you can order.

I am going to do one and am looking at the Pullet shut one. I do not like that it only opens to about a 120 degree angle but thats he way it goes.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I had the one from Foy's Pigeons. LOVED IT!!! I would still have it if my coops needed to be closed up at night. (I'm using tractors and self contained units) I sold it to greyeyes who is using it on her coop. It was a bit expensive but never failed me, not even once. Even after DH knocked the "guts" out of it while we were putting it together. Thanks to PoisonIvy who took pictures of hers, I was able to get all the doo-dads back in the way they were suppose to be.

4. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    Quote:Thats the problem, there are so many I don't know which one people like the best. I think I want it to lift up, but also thik it needs to be heavy enough that it can't be lifted to easy, or maybe fits into a slot so it can't be lifted. Also needs to be easy to set the time as I'm not to smart on that kind of stuff. whats the saying- it needs to be stupid friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by