Which brand of dewormer for geese and what dose?

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
Hello! I could use some advice. I think my Embden is losing weight, and I have never wormed them and I would like to try that before lugging her to the vet. I have never wormed a bird before, can someone tell me which brand and how to dose it?

Hello! I could use some advice. I think my Embden is losing weight, and I have never wormed them and I would like to try that before lugging her to the vet. I have never wormed a bird before, can someone tell me which brand and how to dose it?
I used safeguard paste for my geese this past time I wormed it was very easy to use.

This is hard for me as nothing says geese on the label for any wormer. I bought the Safegard liquid goat wormer and read I'm supposed to give 1cc. Well I have to go buy a syringe with no needle and some fish tank tubing to make sure I get the tube deep enough? What if I'm not deep enough? What if 1cc is too much? What if goat medicine is bad for them?

Ugg, please help!

This is hard for me as nothing says geese on the label for any wormer. I bought the Safegard liquid goat wormer and read I'm supposed to give 1cc. Well I have to go buy a syringe with no needle and some fish tank tubing to make sure I get the tube deep enough? What if I'm not deep enough? What if 1cc is too much? What if goat medicine is bad for them?

Ugg, please help!
It's not bad for them and recc all the time for worming poultry. Why not put the wormer on some bread and let it soak in good then put on a plate and offer to them. Mine love bread so if I need to medicate I use bread. On the disease thread It was recc to me to use 1ml for my chicken to treat for gape worm so 1cc isn't too much this chicken is a bantam.

Ok, I'll try the bread. I have never given them bread before as it's a huge no no as far as feeding ducks and geese, however, I would much rather give them their medicine this way, then to try to tackle them with a tube down their throat! LOL

Ok, I'll try the bread. I have never given them bread before as it's a huge no no as far as feeding ducks and geese, however, I would much rather give them their medicine this way, then to try to tackle them with a tube down their throat! LOL
It´s just like putting the polio vaccine on a sugar cube!
I use bread sometimes too. I always give it to them soaked with whatever it is I want them to take, and they love it. It´s not so bad now and again, it´s basically wheat, after all. :)

It´s just like putting the polio vaccine on a sugar cube!
I use bread sometimes too. I always give it to them soaked with whatever it is I want them to take, and they love it. It´s not so bad now and again, it´s basically wheat, after all. :)
Me too whole wheat for us, and it's the only time they get bread so it's like a big party when they get some.

Oh, yes, white bread has nothing much in it at all! When I think about bread, it´s always the wholemeal. I also do bread and milk and egg soaks for my chickens...they go crazy, love it.
Okay milk and egg soaks put into frying pan brown on one side flip brown again then sprinkle confectionery sugar, wa la French Toast
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom