Which brand would be better?

Ashleigh2904

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 21, 2012
I'm wondering which brands are better. I'm debating between Marriages and Fancy Feeds. There isn't a lot in it price wise. Just wondering if anyone has a preference?

Marriages has, 17% protein, 4% oil, 7% fibre and 11.7% ash, apparently. Annnnnd...
Fancy Feeds has, 17.5 protein, 2.75% oil, 5.5% fibre, and 12.5% ash.

Not much in it but, I really don't know chicken diet essentials sadly, as I'm new to this and just, want to know what is most important.

Last edited:
How old are your chickens? What does the label on the feed say (starter, grower, layer, etc.)? I've never heard of those two feeds because I'm in the states, but either is probably fine if the protein is right for your chickens' ages.

They're all on layers now.

I just want to make sure theyre getting all the right nutrition

I suppose I could have just posted all my questions in one post. I just worry I'm not doing everything right as I've only had chickens since May.

This might be silly, but I worry my rooster isn't getting everything he needs from the layers pellets as he isn't a layer, obviously lol. Is there anything specific he should have? Or is he alright just eating what he's getting at the moment?

He's fine eating the layer pellets, meal worms, and corn. =) Oh, just make sure they all have grit to eat, too. It's not good enough for them to only have the oyster shells as they dissolve and don't stay in the gizzard to help grind their food. The rooster probably won't really eat the oyster shells if he has grit available, although you still might see him eating some on occasion. And that's fine, too. He'll eat what he knows he needs to.

Back
Top Bottom