Which breed do u think lays more a pinkish colored egg?? And egg size

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wannabchick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I have many different breeds, no one older then 8 months..most 5-6 months old

Out of these breeds is their one that may have laid the pinkish egg I found yesterday? Obviously a few I have I know what they lay and listed the colors I have seen with my own eyes, that I know laid them...

Breeds and who I know for sure are laying

Black copper maran- I don't think has started laying/ cause no dark egg at all
    Silkies
    Amerecauna - blue egg layer
    Bantam amerecauna - blue egg layers
    Serema
    Favorelle
    Buff Orpington
    Red star- beige egg layer
    Barnvelers- slightly speckled beige

Who do u think ? May have laid the pink egg???

Now I have found 6 tiny blue eggs.. That would have to be the bantam amerecauna right? Or do standards- lay first but their egg size is small? For amerecaunas..cause the blue eggs iam finding are small...

Do the eggs get larger as the chickens get older? Or have been laying longer?etc

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's either your faverolle or your silkie.

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Post a picture and how big is the egg? My BRs lay creamy pinkish tint to a very light tan. More so on the creamy pink side,got one the other that was almost white,not leghorn white but really light in color.

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Our black star layed a pink egg. It was the largest egg too, averaging 80 grams. Egg size will get larger with age though range all over the place in first few months of laying.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The only one of my birds that lays an egg that appears pink is my Buff Orpington, Nugget.

6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Thanks everyone.. I went to the kitchen to take a photo for u all... lOL.. All my eggs were cooked last night at 3 am..lmao, looks like the teenagers in my home decided to cook..nothing like teens..

Dag nap it!!! Heheheh

Okay next time I find the strange pink colored egg I will definitely snap some photos ..u can really see the pink tint when it's next to a tan or beige,brown egg

Xoxoxox

7. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Darn ,,, no pink egg today..shoot..

I want another pink egg..I want another pink egg

Doing my pink egg dance..heheheh

Xoxox

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by