Which breed do u think lays more a pinkish colored egg?? And egg size

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
I have many different breeds, no one older then 8 months..most 5-6 months old

Out of these breeds is their one that may have laid the pinkish egg I found yesterday? Obviously a few I have I know what they lay and listed the colors I have seen with my own eyes, that I know laid them...

Breeds and who I know for sure are laying

Black copper maran- I don't think has started laying/ cause no dark egg at all
Silkies
Amerecauna - blue egg layer
Bantam amerecauna - blue egg layers
Serema
Favorelle
Buff Orpington
Red star- beige egg layer
Barnvelers- slightly speckled beige

Who do u think ? May have laid the pink egg???

Now I have found 6 tiny blue eggs.. That would have to be the bantam amerecauna right? Or do standards- lay first but their egg size is small? For amerecaunas..cause the blue eggs iam finding are small...

Do the eggs get larger as the chickens get older? Or have been laying longer?etc

Last edited:
Post a picture and how big is the egg? My BRs lay creamy pinkish tint to a very light tan. More so on the creamy pink side,got one the other that was almost white,not leghorn white but really light in color.

Our black star layed a pink egg. It was the largest egg too, averaging 80 grams. Egg size will get larger with age though range all over the place in first few months of laying.

Thanks everyone.. I went to the kitchen to take a photo for u all... lOL.. All my eggs were cooked last night at 3 am..lmao, looks like the teenagers in my home decided to cook..nothing like teens..

Dag nap it!!! Heheheh

Okay next time I find the strange pink colored egg I will definitely snap some photos ..u can really see the pink tint when it's next to a tan or beige,brown egg

Xoxoxox

Darn ,,, no pink egg today..shoot..

I want another pink egg..I want another pink egg

Doing my pink egg dance..heheheh

Xoxox

Back
Top Bottom