1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

which breeds lay the most double yolkers????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by countrychics, Jan 28, 2010.

1. countrychics

countrychics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    south boston virginia
    i want to crack open a double yolker... i have lotsa breeds, but never a double yolked one like i see on youtube.com...and weirder, an egg in an egg...if u've u've never seen this look at youtube.com
    [​IMG]

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    there is not a particular breed that lays double yolks. You just got to get lucky. [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have several breeds of brown & colored egg layers. The only time I get double-yolkers is when the girls just start laying. I'll get a bunch of them for like a month, and then they get regular in their laying and it stops.

4. zaylinda

zaylinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    I seem to noticed them more in the production breeds - sex links and the like.
    But that may just be fluke.

5. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I also got a lot of double yolker with my Gold and Black sex links! They layed double yolker's like crazy for a while but now I only get them every so often. Last night I gathered my first EE double yolker!

6. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    sex links and leghorns but that is just my opinion. I don't think there is any particular breed that is known to specifically lay double or triple yolkers.

7. iluvmychicks

iluvmychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Indiana
    My parents raised good ole Leghorns when I was a kid, we had double and even triple yolkers often. My dad always told me it occurs more often as the bird ages, not sure if that's true though:)

Shari

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by