Which chicken looks the LEAST like the breed it's supposed to be?

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Campine Lover, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Which chicken out there looks the LEAST like the breed it's supposed to be? Tell me why! No prizes, just a fun contest. Here's mine:
    Penguin, a hatchery bird, has a crooked tail, crooked toes, wrong comb, floppy comb, doesn't lay, blind in one eye, and one pupil looks like it drips into the colored eye part. She came like this! (Silver Laced Wyandotte) But I love her!
    Not a good pic
    [​IMG]

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    OH!OH!OH! I've got a great one. Here's my hatchery barred rock in front taking a dust bath. Yes, I'm certain it's supposed to be a barred rock. I got 2, the other looks fine.

[​IMG]

and her sister (hopefully):
    [​IMG]

3. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Chanticleer, supposedly a Dutch bantam, but a completely wrong body. and a red ear lobe. If you were to first see him, you would never suspect him to be Dutch. He is still very cute and sweet, though.
    [​IMG]

4. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Here's my Easter Egger who was sold to me as a partridge rock. i know easter eggers don't have a breed standard, but she doesn't have any muffs and a very scarce beard. Here she is: (sorry about the bad pic)

[​IMG]

5. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    chicken boy sam-
    She looks like a Golden Laced Cornish, not an Easter Egger. I think there's been a mix up....

6. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Yea.....but she lays olive green eggs for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by