Which Chicken/Which Egg?

amyfitz100

Songster
7 Years
Jul 10, 2013
South Carolina
I have 4 EE hens and 1 Black Java hen. 1 EE has been laying small, light green eggs since January. 1 started laying long green eggs with some white flecks just three days ago. Today, we got a small light green egg, and TWO smallish brown ones. Then later today a big darker green egg. Sooooo, did my Black Java (which I was told would lay brown) lay two eggs, or did one of my EEs lay a brown one? Also, could the same hen lay darker, solid eggs and some flecked with white? And I didn't know that these brown eggs would darken a little...

This was this morning:

And this was the same haul this afternoon, including a flecked egg from yesterday (far left), and the solid green one we got this afternoon (far right):

Maybe starting to lay eggs is a group thing for my girls -- they all used the same corner of a long nesting box, anyway!

Easter eggers can lay brownish colored eggs, so it's possible that it's one of your eggers. I've never had a gal lay two in one day.

But I do have 14 layers that stand in line yelling, waiting for their favorite nest box to become available. There are 12 boxes, they use 2 of them.

Hahaha... And today we got two browns again around the same time -- one on each end of the box, so I guess they are definitely from different hens. I was sure wondering!

Back
Top Bottom