Which email should I use?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BookWorm243, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Okay so this is a pretty stupid question but I can't decide on my own [​IMG] We are really getting into fostering animals and I want to create a separate email just for fostering. My mom came up with:

fosters4you or

fostering4you

Which one would you use?

Thank You Guys!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    The first one has my vote! Good luck with your business!

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

The first one has my vote! Good luck with your business!

x2 Good for you in deciding to foster! [​IMG] I'd like to get into that someday.​

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:x2 Good for you in deciding to foster! [​IMG] I'd like to get into that someday.

So would I except I don't know if I could give them over to their new home once I already spent time with them and got attached to them. What is your secret allaboutyoupetsitting? How do you not get attached to the animals that you foster?

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Quote:x2 Good for you in deciding to foster! [​IMG] I'd like to get into that someday.

So would I except I don't know if I could give them over to their new home once I already spent time with them and got attached to them. What is your secret allaboutyoupetsitting? How do you not get attached to the animals that you foster?​

Very good question... [​IMG]

6. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    first one.

7. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks for the replies, I decided to go with Fosters4you.

My secret?? Gosh I don't know. I would have to say that you must be in the mind set that the pet is not going to stay. I don't understand how some people can foster a dog for 6+ months. For me that would be harder. Our dogs and cats that come in usually only stay around a month we have had some stay longer but most of the time there is no need to wait to find them a home. Of course if they have health or behavioral issues they stay with us until they are adoptable. I usually start looking for homes about a week before they are ready, this allows me time to talk with them, do a vet check, gives them time to come meet the animal, and just to make sure they really want this pet. It is amazing how many people back out at the last second because they have had "time" to think about it. Also it helps me to prepare for the fact that they are leaving. I would also say when you go to foster a dog or cat make sure you pick it out, fostering an animal you like will be more joyful and rewarding them helping one you don't, it could also help I guess, you sure wouldn't mind finding it a new home then [​IMG] Our first fosters were two puppies, that had homes waiting for them. So we did the bottle feeding and so forth and by the time they were ready for adoption so were their new owners. It made getting into fostering easier since the first ones already had homes, no chance of getting attached and keeping them [​IMG] Don't get me wrong it's sad when one has to leave but you also feel a sense of accomplishment. It can be a very rewarding experience.

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:Thank you for answering my question. I have always wondered that, but never had the chance to ask anybody about it. So the key is: pick out an animal that you are less likely to want to keep, and make sure you know that this animal is not here to stay. Thanks for the good advice! I would love to foster animals but I have always been scared I would end up with a zoo because I wouldn't be able to let them go. [​IMG]
    I wish you luck in your business! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by