Which feed should i give?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by muzaffar_ali99, Nov 15, 2010.

1. muzaffar_ali99

muzaffar_ali99 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2010
    I have 18 two months old egyptian fayumis and 5 hens and two rooster and hens are laying eggs, last time i bought 14 no pellet bag from local market and on it was written 'Broiler Starter' and i was giving to all this feed, but i am confused is this feed right or not, now i have to buy new feed because old one is almost finished. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

2. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    I do not have the same breeds as you but I feed all of my birds Purina Flock Raiser and then I offer a small cup of oyster shells for the laying hens to take when they need it. I seems to be working pretty good so far. I am thinking that the protein content on the broiler starter may not be what you need for your EF's if you are not raising them to be butchered young. I used Purina starter crumbles for my chickens until they were 12 weeks. Are your young birds completely integrated into the flock with your older birds?
    I hope someone with more knowledge comes along to help you out.

3. muzaffar_ali99

muzaffar_ali99 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2010
    No my EFs live in separate coop and other hens live in separate coop with roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by