Which feeder would be better?

Hey Brian,
I find the second one waste less feed with coturnix. I tried the bigger 7lb round ones I use for bobs, just is mess with the corts. And nobody will get there head stuck in the flip tops. Bill

Mine figured it was a nice sand box. Spent the day kick'n it out on the ground with the 7lb one. Even seemed to like swing'n on it !! They waste alot with the flip top too, just not as much...Bill

Quote:
Why would they waste food lol if they are like me I would eat as much as I can
lol.png

i would go with the 2nd one, thats the EXACT one i have in with my quails, hardly any waste, only problem is they climb over it(and during the climbing they drag either poo, or wood shavings) sometimes drop in it, but i've never seen them get stuck in it

honestly, i have found that cat litter boxes work the best with Coturnix. They can't /don't kick any feed out ....they do however, use it for a bath as well as a feed pan.

I can't believe people still use the jar feeders! all your doing is keeping the feed stores in business. Ever time you fill them up half goes in the bird and half goes on the ground, JUST MY FEELINGS

Any feeder with a jar doesn't go here. I use the 7 or 10 pound feeders or the feeders like in the 2nd link. I put a velcro strap in the 7 and 10 pound feeders to keep the ammount of feed in the pan down.It works okay, I just have to hang it high.

Back
Top Bottom