Which Hatchery for Easter Eggers?

Pics

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
I'm wanting to order some Easter Eggers for next year. I've ordered from MyPetChicken before and I absolutely loved her. I thought that I might try another hatchery and wanted some feedback on which one. I want some pretty EE. If they have Bantam EE it would be awesome too. If you could, please also include pictures of the ones you have. Thank you all so much!

I'm a brand new chicken mom, but got 4 EEs from Cackle back in September. Ended up with 2 pullets, 2 cockerels. The pullets are really friendly and curious. All have muffs, and I love the various colors! View attachment 2456067
I have a couple from crackle that look really close to your bottom left two!
A4F275E6-8619-4CC6-A99E-A2EDAAF0C3C7.jpeg
78F3EDBB-0149-4376-B9EA-C3DDA54B5AA1.jpeg

457EF6E0-2DEF-4003-9B6C-4E4F273ABAF5.jpeg

Here you can see all four along with two Turkens
37D8BAB1-19A7-4E5C-BF80-DF203F959D7C.png

These are the shades I’m getting so far. One of them hasn’t started laying yet. I think it’s the lighter brown one that isn’t.
61799CDB-7E91-4F48-894D-689404285248.png

The only negative thing I have to say is that one has a deformed beak. They do mention on their website that their EEs have a higher chance of having crossbeak then other chicken breeds. Not sure if that’s something that is due to their breeding stock or if that’s true of all EEs🤷🏻‍♀️

I've heard nothing but good things from people who got EEs from Cackle, particularly about the appearance of the birds. They have gorgeous patterns.

Ours came from Ideal. Their appearance is pretty standard, but they camouflage beautifully, and they have excellent dispositions, including the cockerel.

They lay pretty sea green eggs. Two have muffs, though most of the EEs in the order at the local farmers co-op (where we got our flock this year) did not appear to have muffs.

They each lay 6 eggs a week, even in sub-freezing temps. The eggs are medium-small but great quality. Egg pic from today (that's a Brahma egg in the middle).

IdealPoultry-EE-eggs.jpg

AshleyEasterEgger-Camouflage.jpg
LightBrahma-EE-snow1220.jpg
EasterEggerChickens-snow.jpg

I'm a brand new chicken mom, but got 4 EEs from Cackle back in September. Ended up with 2 pullets, 2 cockerels. The pullets are really friendly and curious. All have muffs, and I love the various colors! View attachment 2456067
Your two near the bottom looked like mine that I've gotten from cackle before.mine came in the surprise box though
20201219_161454.jpg
20201219_161513.jpg
20201219_161531.jpg

My intent this year is to order more chicks than I need and sell chicks, started pullets, and POL pullets to offset costs.
I think this is totally doable especially with shipping costs going up. I would probably do this but I was going to hatch chicks anyways to sell. Only reason I’m buying chicks is to get some production breeds to bump my egg numbers in general. I have a lot of room to add more birds so I thought I’d let my consistently broody hen hatch some purebred marans (from my own flock) and some F1 and F2 olive eggers. I’ve seen pretty copper Maran and welsummer crosses so I may hatch those too just for fun. I’d let momma hen ween herself from them and sell them as started pullets and keep them if no one wants them.

I think this is totally doable especially with shipping costs going up. I would probably do this but I was going to hatch chicks anyways to sell. Only reason I’m buying chicks is to get some production breeds to bump my egg numbers in general. I have a lot of room to add more birds so I thought I’d let my consistently broody hen hatch some purebred marans (from my own flock) and some F1 and F2 olive eggers. I’ve seen pretty copper Maran and welsummer crosses so I may hatch those too just for fun. I’d let momma hen ween herself from them and sell them as started pullets and keep them if no one wants them.
You sound like me. My hens are reaching the end of the peak of their production and I plan on doubling the chicks for hatching and I also have customers who buy eggs from me!

Back
Top Bottom