Which Incubator Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Braclin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but was just wondering which is your favorite incubator and why? I'm looking for something reliable and affordable. I am in the process of trying out a homemade bator and it has been a stressful adventure. It's only been seven days, ugh . Not sure if my eggs are even alive. Tried candling and being new i'm not sure. Thanks for the help!

2. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    brinsea mini advance easy to use reasonable price and very reliable

3. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    thanks [​IMG]

4. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    your welcome

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Depends on how many you want to incubate at a time? I have a Dickeys and 2 GQF's. I like the Dickey's the best. You can pick them up off of craigslist for $200.00 or so this time of year when most people stop hatching.

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

went through SEVERAL styrophoam incubators, a Brower(?) metal, that my parents used many years ago, built my own, & finally got a Sportsman 1502. I should have gotten one years ago. My hatch rate stays around 90%. LOVE IT! I haven't stopped hatching since January. I'm on batch # 32.

7. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:Thanks for the info!! You are truly a birdaholic,lol batch 32

8. quail kid1

quail kid1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    or the brinsea mini eco even though it does not show you the temp on the top and turns the eggs automatically it doesnt cost that much and hold humidity wel and it hold the temps rock stable.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If I had a bigger place and room for more birds, I'd get the Sportsman.

10. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    King suro... im using it for my first ever hatch in a bator... and I must say the least stressful thing I have done so far... it has an alarm that will go of if the temp was to change, and if humidity drops then a little water pump kicks into action and pumps small amounts of water into a sponge until it is back on track.... automatic also... basically set it up, put your eggs in, and wait 21 days [​IMG] im on day 8 with 2 silkie eggs I put in and both were doing great when I candled at day 6.

Edited to add this link....

http://www.chickenhouse.me/24-egg-r-com-incubator-king-suro-157-p.asp

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by