Which incubator would your recommend??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jessicayarno, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I am going to buy an incubator, but have never done this before and would like to know which one you all would recommend. I don't have a bunch of $$ to spend and am just looking for one that will hold around 40 eggs.. I need one that will hold up to being used often, as I will be hatching every few weeks during hatching season. Thanks in advance :)

2. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I just bought the hovabator 1588 from gqf manufacturing. It has a digital display and holds the temp beautifully so far. I have only had it up for about 3 days. It is about 140 dollars but holds 50 eggs without a turner so it would suit your needs and it's no fuss as far as temp goes. I can't vouch for humidity yet since I haven't loaded it with water but so far I'm impressed.

3. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    So how much is it with a turner? I definitely want a turner. Thanks for your input..

4. TBTT

TBTT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern Virginia
    You can get that incubator with turner for $196.50 from their website. www.gqfmfg.com

5. psycoforsilkies

psycoforsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    East central Texas
    You can also get the hova bators made by GQF on enasco.com product #SB26513M, this is with the turner and big window for $125 nasco bulk orders from GQF so you can get really great prices. We have 2 and have been hatching since june 11 in ours and love them.

6. Tylerkaz@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Washougal, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by