Which inexpensive incubator do YOU recommend?

chicknadventure

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
southeast
Sooooo I am SURE this thread appears once a week :) But seeing all the horror stories with the LG inc's, I was curious if there was a readily available, less than $100 inc on the market today?

What do YOU recommend (looking for people with high hatch rates and lots of experience) Or which ones do you HATE?

The Hovabator Genesis 1588 is a popular one. I have it myself. I've had mixed results with mine - One very excellent hatch, and two not-so-excellent hatches. There were other issues for the two not-so-excellent hatches, though, not related to the incubator itself. It's a "set it and forget it" (mostly) kind of incubator.

I'm running a hovabator 1602n I added a fan and egg turner too. my hatch rates this year are as follows:
14 out of 16
19 out of 20
19 out of 20
20 out of 20
currently running two concurrent hatches that are due out on the 21st.
in this hatch there are 11 game I'm hatching for a friend ( his eggs )
and 15 of my sexlinked ( RIR/BR )
I had a bunch of americauna eggs in there for someone else. but they turned out to be " dud " eggs and made a mess in one of my incubators I had to clean up so I discarded all of those last weekend and will not load my incubators with any more of his eggs.

Last edited:
I have the still air version with an an added computer fan to make it forced air -

9200 model.

Other people also have good hatches, some people get bad results because of the tiny adjustments that cause huge temp fluctuations, one you have the correct temps- don't touch it...

Even if you open it and don't close it for 5 min, just close it and don't touch the thermostat.

I'll be doing another hatch in about a month or so- I'll post again.

For under 50$ you could build one. I would enjoy helping you!

But if you don't like building, you should buy a Hovabator. You will spend about 120 for the incubator and turner, but if you wait a little bit longer, you can buy the Hovabator and turner.

I have an LG and a Genesis 1588 electronic. The 1588 paid for itself in the difference of the number of chicks hatched, the first hatch. I am thinking of getting one or two more 1588s and selling my GFC cabinet incubator. Definitely a 'set-it-and-forget-it' machine. I LOVE it!

I have an LG and a Genesis 1588 electronic. The 1588 paid for itself in the difference of the number of chicks hatched, the first hatch. I am thinking of getting one or two more 1588s and selling my GFC cabinet incubator. Definitely a 'set-it-and-forget-it' machine. I LOVE it!

I second that! They are great machines and my fav. incubator (that I own). They are over $100 unless you find a really good sale but they are worth every penny! PAYS FOR ITSELF in hatch rates! I might buy another Genesis 1588 too, because the new 2012 model has humidity controls

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom