which is better

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Aug 6, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    which would be the better rooster to keep a cucko maran or a barred rock?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Whichever you want. From a hatchery, they basically will not look any different or act much different from each other aside from one having yellow legs, another having white legs.

3. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I would keep the cucko maran.or whichever one has the nicest personality

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Personality all the way. My CMs were way prettier, but dumb as a box of cocks.

5. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    well the CM(George) lets us pet him he has pecked me once. he doesnt mind being by himself he is pretty good .Buddy the BR just wants to be a chicken. he doesnt really want to have anything to do with us.but he is always after the 3 little hens. which drives me crazy! we have 3 roos and 3 hens. they were all supposed to be hens. the other roo is rocky. he is the wild one he has got after my daughter a few times. me too. he wants to be with us all the time. he is a little scary cause he does the feather thing and its like when my daughter tries to get away from him and walk around him thats when he wants to attack her leg. will he get better or worse???

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:*snerk* [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by