1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

which is more rare

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by farmer kell, Oct 11, 2012.

1. farmer kell

farmer kell New Egg

Sep 24, 2012
    Is a chicken with yellow feet more rare than a chicken with white feet

2. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it depends on the actual breed of the chicken and not just the color of their feet. Some are supposed to have yellow feet, some are supposed to have white feet, and some have one color on the top and another color on the bottom ...so I think defining rarity by the foot color isn't normally done (unless a chicken has neon hot pink feet of course, that would be quite rare indeed).

I'm new to chickens!! So I'd wait for a "chicken expert" to come along before listening to me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  3. Haha, your spot on.

For example, I can name 2 breeds off thetop of my head that have yellow legs (cochins, BRs,), both are 110% common. I can also name 2 breeds that have white legs (Dominiques, I believe, and brahmas, I think) both are also 110% common, so the leg color has NOTHING to do with rarity :D

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    no.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by