Which is the best Cabinet Incuabtor!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by C&Rman, Jun 27, 2011.

1. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    OK, well right now I have a Brinsea Eco Octagon 20 and this is my first hatch using it, I have tried allot of incubators but none were big big like a cabinet! I am talking near future plans here but I plan on saving up some money to buy me a cabinet incubator. Which is the best one? Also which one is the most power less user if that made since. I dont want my power bill to sky rocket with a cabinet. Thanks any help is much appericated!

2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    That's a huge debate there! I have 3 gqfs 1 hatcher and 2 bators... I was originally going to get a dickey but I got a great deal on these almost new used gqfs. I'm very happy with them and they do have the 'set and forget' reliability. My hatch rate is always in the 90%+ with my own eggs. Do a search and you will find tons of info on many different cabinet bators.
    I would recommend the dickey though!
    Here is 2 of my 3
    [​IMG]

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    The Dickey and the GQF seem to be pretty comparable in quality. Can't say about the Brinsea cabinets as I haven't seen one of those.

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have an older GQF Sportsman and am very happy with it. When you get ready to buy check out places like Craigslist for a good used one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Yeah I keep checking my local adds and what not but have not found any that cheap. The Brinsea Cabinets look real fancy but they are out of my price range. I like the look of the GQF's and the Dickeys. Which one is more sufficent?

6. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    My vote is for the GFQ Sportsman 1502, excellent unit. Stays spot on them, a simple set and forget system.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by