Thinking of hatching some of my eggs that my new layers just started laying. Cracked one the other day and it is indeed fertile (white bullseye).

Which incubator have you used faithfully that gave you the best hatch rates?
My Nurture Right 360 has been just perfect. It's the best incubator that I've used by far, and you can't beat the price. Brinseas are good if price isn't an issue to you. I've never used one personally but I've heard nothing but great reviews on them.

I have used foam incubators and I found the temp control was too inconsistent for me. The humidity control was difficult but I did get several years of hatches. I asked for a Nurture Rite 360 for Christmas and I will never use the foam ones again! It is stable, fully auto-turning and easy to view. I am a worrier about doing something wrong and this device has set my mind at ease.

I have a knockoff of a Brinsea incubator that I brought years ago from Amazon that was fairly cheap and does decently well, as I have hatched eggs in it before.
Though I find it hard to top the natural incubators, they are a bit bitey and screamy which poses a challenge for candling, but they know what they are doing for the most part with a higher hatch rate, so I use the knockoff incubator mainly as a backup when I have broodies around and want to fill that empty nest in my heart.
20211205_172252.jpg
20211205_235732.jpg

Stay away from the cheap incubators for around $50 on Amazon. They do not hold heat or humidity very well.
NR 360 and Brinsea are your best bets. I have both and they have served me very well.
Which ever you choose, make sure to have separate calibrated thermometers and hygrometers in addition to the one(s) that come with the incubators.🙂

Back
Top Bottom